|10 min||15 min||4|
|200 gm||Button mushrooms|
|1 medium||Tomato (diced)|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (crushed)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (drained, rinsed)|
|4 medium tortilla(s)||Whole wheat tortilla|
|1/2 cup, shredded||Cheddar cheese|
|1 cup||Baby spinach|
|1 tsp||Chili garlic sauce (to taste)|
|4 spray (about 1/3 second)||Olive oil cooking spray|
|3 sprig||Cilantro (coriander) (for garnish)|
|1/3 cup||Plain yogurt, 1- 2% M.F.|
1. Prep the mushrooms and tomatoes by chopping them up. Mince the garlic and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium–high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring for 3–4 minutes or until golden. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
3. Add the beans and tomato and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Spread a quarter of the mushroom mixture over half of a tortilla. Top with a quarter of the cheese, a quarter of the spinach leaves, and chilli sauce to taste. Fold the tortilla over to enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
5. Spray the quesadillas on both sides with oil. Cook in batches in the sandwich press for 3 minutes or until the quesadillas are crisp and the cheese has melted. Alternatively, you can use a skillet over medium heat and cook on both sides for 3 minutes until the outside is golden and crispy. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, garnished with coriander.
For vegan version: use vegan shredded cheese and dairy-free yogurt.
For added protein: add in scrambled eggs or crumbled tofu.