|10 min||30 min||40 min||4|
|1 tsp||Black pepper|
|2 cup||Bok choy (chopped)|
|4 cup||Broccoli, raw (chopped)|
|2 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, dry|
|1/2 cup||Cashew nuts, raw (chopped)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp minced||Ginger root|
|3 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (sliced, separate the white parts from the green parts)|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil (or canola oil)|
|1 cup whole||Snow peas, raw|
|1 tbsp||Soy sauce, low sodium (for sauce)|
|1/4 cup||Water (for sauce)|
|2 cup||White mushrooms (chopped)|
1. Cook rice as directed on packaging.
2. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
3. Heat a large fry pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add cashews and roast for 2 to 3 minutes. Stirring frequently. Careful not to burn them. Set aside with the green parts of the green onion.
4. In the same pan, add the sesame oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the white parts of the green onion, broccoli and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is starting to become tender. Add 3-6 tablespoons of water, if needed, to stop browning or burning.
5. Add the snow peas and bok choy and sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Add the sauce and sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add in the cashews and green parts of the green onion.
7. Serve immediately with brown rice.
provide key vitamins and minerals required for vital health and maintenance of the body