|30 min||5 min||2|
|1/4 cup||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill|
|2 tbsp||Basil pesto (or pesto of choice)|
|2 cup||Broccoli florets|
|2 tsp||Coconut oil|
|1 medium egg||Egg|
|1 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|1/2 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice|
|1/2 whole lemon(s)||Lemon peel (zest)|
|2 tbsp||Nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese)|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper (to taste - sea salt)|
1. In a large mixing bowl beat the egg with the flax meal and let sit so it begins to thicken.
2. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli florets in a steaming basket for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and rinse under cold water until room temperature.
3. Put the broccoli in a food processor and add the flax egg mixture, juice and zest of 1⁄2 lemon, almond meal, salt, pepper, and optional nutritional yeast and/or cheese. Blend well.
4. Using your hands, form into 6 patties and let rest on parchment paper in the fridge for a few minutes before cooking.
5. Melt coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat. Cook the broccoli fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Prepare two plates with a bed of arugula tossed with fresh lemon juice. Mash the avocado with the pesto and divide among the fritters.
7. Optional to serve with a side of braised green beans, your favourite fall veggie, or topped with a poached egg.
Serve with a side of roasted chickpeas for additional protein!