|10 min||10 min||20 min||2|
|3/4 cup||Broccoli, raw (finely chopped)|
|2 large egg||Egg|
|3/4 cup shredded||Dairy-free cheddar cheese shreds, Daiya|
|3 tbsp||Tomato paste, canned|
|1/2 cup||Cremini (Italian) mushroom (sliced, for topping)|
|1 medium||Tomato (chopped, for topping)|
|2 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped, for topping)|
|1 tsp||Coconut oil|
1. Finely chop the head of the broccoli (you know, the bit that looks like the trees leaves), leaving the stalks for other recipes.
2. Grate the cheese. Combine the broccoli with the eggs and cheese.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a small frying pan (16cm diameter).
4. Pour the mixture into the pan and flatten until it reaches the edge all around the pan.
5. Cook on medium heat until it is firm enough to flip over, as you would a pancake - a lid helps. If for some reason it is too soft to turn over you can put it under the grill for a minute or two and then flip it (or just grill, especially for larger pans or if you experience fear of flipping).
6. Once it is cooked on both sides remove it from the frying pan and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
7. Spread tomato paste on top as you would any pizza.
8. Add toppings and then finish it off with some extra grated cheese.
9. Grill until the cheese is beginning to brown.
are a great source of protein and contain some important B vitamins!
is a cruciferous vegetable - it is a great source of fiber and vitamin C!