|5 min||12 min||4|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 cup||Broccoli, raw (chopped into bite sized bits and steamed)|
|2 tsp||Canola oil|
|8 tomato||Cherry Tomatoes (halved)|
|12 medium egg||Egg|
|1/4 cup, crumbled||Feta cheese|
|1/4 cup||Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped)|
1. Heat broiler with rack placed 6-8 inches from heat.
2. Place 8″ non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and sauté scallions until slightly wilted- less than 1 minute.
3. Whisk eggs together with a teaspoon of salt and several grinds of pepper. Add eggs to skillet and let them sit for 30 seconds. Use a spatula to scrape the edges of the pan. Pause another 30 seconds and repeat process. As eggs begin to set, add broccoli and stir into eggs.
4. Once eggs are almost set, allow the pan to sit on the heat for 1 minute without touching (this helps create the bottom crust). At this time add the tomatoes and goat cheese to the top.
5. Place under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes, top will begin to brown, eggs will slightly soufflé, and the centre will be set. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to remove frittata to a cutting board.
Lightly steam broccoli:
are a great source of protein and are very high in B vitamins
is a cruciferous vegetable and is especially rich in vitamin C, folic acid and fiber