|2 h||25 min||1|
|1 medium mushroom(s)||Portobello mushroom|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for marinade)|
|2 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar (for marinade)|
|1 tsp||Honey (for marinade)|
|1/2 tsp||Thyme, fresh (or oregano, for marinade)|
|1/2 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, cooked|
|2 tbsp||Basil pesto (or pesto of choice)|
|1 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1/4 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice|
|3 tbsp||Feta cheese|
|1/2 medium||Tomato (diced)|
1. Prepare the mushroom and marinade. Wash and pinch off the stem of the Portobello.
2. For the marinade, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, and herbs with 1 1/2 Tbs. of water. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk together, put in a ziplock bag, and add the mushroom. Marinate for two hours.
3. Preheat oven to 450. Transfer entire contents into a shallow baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
4. Cut the Portobello mushroom into cubes.
5. Add the pesto, balsamic vinegar, and lemon to the brown rice and mix thoroughly (add another tsp. of olive oil if desired). Mix in mushroom, feta cheese, and tomato.
6. Season with salt and pepper and serve. Enjoy with delicata squash on the side.