|10 min||35 min||4|
|1/2 cup||Balsamic vinegar|
|454 gm||Beef, ground, lean (or ground bison)|
|2 tbsp||Bread crumbs, plain (can use gluten-free)|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 tsp||Rosemary, fresh (finely chopped)|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 tbsp||Avocado oil|
|2 small||White onion (sliced)|
|1 1/2 cup||White mushrooms (sliced)|
|1 large pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (seeds removed and sliced)|
|1/2 tbsp||Avocado oil|
1. In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the vinegar is syrupy.
2. Meanwhile, in bowl, combine beef or bison, breadcrumbs, mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper. Shape four burgers and set aside.
3. In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook onions for 3 – 5 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms and bell pepper; cook for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. In same skillet, heat remaining oil and cook bison burgers until the meat is fully cooked.
5. Garnish burgers with sautéed vegetables and drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar.