|10 min||25 min||4|
|1 squash||Butternut squash (peeled and diced)|
|3 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1 dash||Red pepper flakes|
|1 dash||Sea salt|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (sliced)|
|2 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|2 tbsp||Maple syrup|
|1 1/2 cup||Arugula|
|8 slice||Bread, sprouted, whole grain, Ezekiel|
|1/2 cup||Goat cheese, soft|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Mint, fresh (chopped)|
1. Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss the squash with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, red pepper flakes and a touch of salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. While the squash is baking, heat olive oil in a saute pan over low/medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, 7-9 minutes. Add the vinegar and maple syrup or honey and cook until thickened.
4. Combine the squash and onions in a bowl and mash to combine. In a separate bowl, mix together the goat cheese, parsley and mint.
5. Take each slice of bread and spread with some of the goat cheese. Top with the arugula, squash mix and remaining slice of bread. Place in a heated skillet with a small amount of olive oil or a panini press to toast each side and melt the cheese.
is a power-packed veggie, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and folate!