|15 min||1 h||6|
|1 squash||Butternut squash (peeled and cut into chunks)|
|3 medium||Carrots (peeled and cut into chunks)|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Coconut oil (melted)|
|1 small||White onion (chopped)|
|1 small||Apple (chopped)|
|2 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|1 cup||Coconut milk|
|1 tbsp||Nutmeg, ground|
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Toss squash and carrots with the coconut oil. Place in a baking dish and roast uncovered for 35 minutes or until tender.
3. In a large stock pot on medium, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add the onion and apple and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the roasted butternut squash, carrots, chicken broth, and coconut milk to stock pot and bring to a boil, stirring often.
5. Remove from heat. Use an immersion blender to blend your soup or working in several small batches, blend soup in food processor or blender until smooth.
7. Return to stock pot, bring to a simmer and season with salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Serve soup in large bowls!
are high in beta carotene which converts to vitamin A in the body and is important for healthy skin, immune health and vision
is a power-packed vegie, rich in manganese, vitamin A, B6, riboflavin (B2), folate and fiber