|1 h||10 min||4|
|2 cup||Butternut squash (A medium size butternut)|
|1 can(s) (15oz)||Coconut milk, sweetened|
|1 cup||Vegetable stock/broth (chicken broth can also be used)|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (sliced or diced)|
|2 tsp||Maple syrup, pure|
|1 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|1 tsp||Butter, salted (To cook onion in)|
1. Cut squash lengthwise, place open side down on parchment and bake at 350 for 60 mins.
2. Cut onion into slices or dice it (depending on your blender) and saute in butter until golden brown.
3. When squash is cooled, scoop into blender and add the coconut milk and onion; blend well
4. Use a spatula to empty blender into a large saucepan on low-medium heat
5. Add cup of broth, whisk to blend
6. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste
The squash can be baked ahead. Once baked, the soup only takes about 10 minutes to make.