|10 min||30 min||8|
|1/2 tsp||Allspice, ground|
|1/2 tsp||Coriander, ground|
|1 pinch||Kosher salt|
|5 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 1/3 kg||Butternut squash (peeled, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes)|
|681 gm||Kale (trimmed and cut crosswise into 2-inch wide pieces)|
|3/4 cup chopped||Shallots|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp||Black pepper (freshly ground)|
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 400°F.
2. Mix the allspice, coriander, paprika, and 1 tsp. salt in a small bowl. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with 2 Tbs. of the oil and the spices; spread in a single layer.
3. Roast, stirring once about halfway through, until browned and tender, 22-25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Have ready a bowl of ice water.
5. Add the kale to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to the bowl of ice water. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
6. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large heavy-duty skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until just tender, about 2 minutes.
7. Add the kale and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale and garlic are coated.
8. Reduce the heat, add the squash, cover, and cook until the squash is heated through, about 5 minutes.
9. Add the cranberries and stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
is rich in many nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C, folate and B6!
It is also very high in fibre making it great for digestive health!