|10 min||25 min||3|
|454 gm||Butternut squash (cut into cubes)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (divided)|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (quartered)|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|3/4 cup||Almond Flour|
|1/4 cup||Chickpea flour|
|1/4 tsp||Salt (to taste)|
|1/2 tbsp||Paprika, smoked|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/4 cup||Yellow mustard (for maple-mustard)|
|2 tbsp||Maple syrup (for maple-mustard)|
|2 1/2 tsp||Sriracha (for maple-mustard)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss butternut squash cubes with ½ tablespoon of olive oil and arrange in an even layer on baking sheet.
3. Bake until pierceable with a fork, but still pretty firm, 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
4. Place butternut squash into food processor bowl with onion, garlic, panko, chickpea flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Pulse until ingredients are well blended, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Roll into tot-shaped cylinders.
5. Coat a large non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place over medium heat.
6. Working in batches if needed, arrange tots in an even layer in skillet. Cook until browned on bottoms, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on opposite sides, about 4 minutes more.
7. Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt, if desired.
8. To make the Spicy Maple Mustard, stir all ingredients together in small bowl.
Serve and enjoy!
is a power-packed veggie, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, B6 and folate!
It is also high in fibre which helps to promote healthy digestion!