|10 min||40 min||50 min||12|
|2 tbsp||Ghee (or butter)|
|1 medium||White onion (finely sliced)|
|6 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/2 medium head||Green cabbage (finely sliced)|
|1 can(s) (28oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|1 tsp||Turmeric, powder|
|1 tsp||Black pepper|
|2 tsp||Sea salt|
|2 leaf||Bay leaf|
|5 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium (Vegetable, Chicken, Turkey or Beef Stock)|
|1 cup||White wine, dry (optional - add additional 1 cup of water or broth if omitting)|
|1 tbsp shredded||Cheddar cheese (optional - for topping)|
1. Mince garlic cloves and set aside.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt ghee. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the shredded cabbage and stir till combined. Cook for another 5 minutes until the cabbage is soft.
3. Add the tomatoes, spices, salt and pepper and stir until evenly coated. Add the broth and liquid and stir. Turn up the heat to medium-high and reduce heat to low when the soup starts to bubble. Simmer on low for 30 minutes until heated through and all the vegetables are cooked and soft.
4. Serve immediately while hot and sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on each soup bowl.
5. For added protein, add cooked ground meat or lentils to the soup while it is simmering.
is a good source of fiber which helps to promote healthy digestion!