|10 min||15 min||4|
|4 breast||Chicken breast, skinless|
|2 medium egg||Egg|
|1 cup||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill|
|4 tbsp||Cajun spice/seasoning, Topco|
|1 tbsp||Ghee (for frying)|
1. Cut chicken breasts lengthways into thin strips.
2. In one bowl, whisk the 2 eggs until completely blended. In another, mix together almond meal and seasoning.
3. Coat the chicken first in the egg, and then in the almond meal mixture.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan on medium heat. place the chicken in the pan, but do not overcrowd–keep a space between the chicken. This will make sure it goes crispy and does not start to bubble. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
5. Serve with your choice of sides.
Add any seasoning that you like, Italian also works nicely.
You can also bake this recipe instead of pan fry by heating your oven to 425 degrees F and adding the chicken strips to a parchment lined baking sheet, baking for 25-30 minutes, flipping half-way.