|5 min||15 min||6|
|341 gm||Pasta, Campanelle, dry|
|3 sausage||Sausage, frankfurter, chicken (chopped)|
|1 medium||Tomato (chopped)|
|454 gm||Frozen green peas|
|1 medium shallot(s)||Shallots (peeled, chopped)|
|1 1/2 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|2 from 2 lemons||Lemon juice|
|4 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for cooking)|
|1/8 cup||Extra virgin olive oil (for pasta)|
|10 leaf||Sage, fresh|
|1/4 cup||Parmigiano-Reggiano (to taste)|
|1/2 tsp||Crushed red pepper (to taste)|
|1 dash||Salt and pepper|
1. In a small saute pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add sage and stir until crispy, about a minute or so. Immediately remove to a paper towel to let rest.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender. Drain immediately, toss with 1/8 cup of the olive oil, return to pan and cover.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Quickly sear sausage pieces, stirring, about 3 minutes.
4. Add peas and shallot and cook for one minute. Add tomatoes, stir and pour in chicken stock, lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Raise heat until liquid simmers, then lower heat and let simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Toss pasta with sausage mixture and top with Parmigiana-Reggiano cheese, crushed red pepper for spicy and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Divide between serving plates and garnish with crispy sage.