|15 min||30 min||4|
|1 onion(s)||Sweet onion (thinly sliced)|
|2 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|454 gm||Beets, raw (peeled, halved)|
|3 pods||Cardamom pods (black)|
|1 cup||Pumpkin purée, canned|
|1/2 tsp||Cardamom, ground|
1. To prepare the pickled onions, toss the onions, apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of salt in a small air-tight container. Transfer to the fridge and rest at least one day.
2. Place the beets in a large stockpot along with the cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook 25 to 30 minutes until the beets are tender-crisp. Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Place the mango in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the pumpkin and pulse until smooth and creamy. Divide this mixture between four plates.
4. Thinly slice the beets, using a vegetable slicer or Japanese mandolin. Arrange the beets on top of the mango pumpkin puree.
5. Top with pickled onions and ground cardamom and serve immediately.
are a great source of fiber, folate and vitamin C!