|15 min||30 min||4|
|1 onion(s)||Sweet onion (thinly sliced)|
|2 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|454 gm||Beets, raw (peeled, halved)|
|3 pods||Cardamom pods (black)|
|1 cup||Pumpkin purée, canned|
|1/2 tsp||Cardamom, ground|
1. Prepare the pickled onions. Toss the onions, apple cider vinegar, and the pinch of salt in a small air-tight container. Transfer to the fridge and rest at least one day.
2. Place the beets in a large stockpot along with the cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook 25 to 30 minutes until the beets are tender crisp. Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Place the mango in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the pumpkin and pulse until smooth and creamy. Divide between four plates.
4. Thinly slice the beets, using a vegetable slicer or Japanese mandolin. Arrange the beets on top of the mango pumpkin puree.
5. Top with the pickled onions and ground cardamom and serve immediately.
are a great source of fiber, folate and vitamin C!