|10 min||5 min||2|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (or camelina)|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/2 cup||Black beans, canned (drained, rinsed, organic)|
|1/2 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|1 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, cooked|
|1 cup grated||Carrots|
|1/2 avocado(s)||Avocado (cubed)|
|2 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (chopped)|
1. Warm oil in a pan over low medium heat.
2. Sauté onions and garlic in pan until softened and fragrant.
3. Add black beans, cumin and a 1/2 cup of vegetable broth and allow to simmer for 5 minutes covered until beans are warmed through and broth is reduce.
4. Divide rice between 2 bowl.
5. Top rice with a layer of shredded carrots, beans and avocado.
6. Garnish with parsley and dress each bowl with a healthy squeeze of lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste
are a great source of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids which are so important for heart health!
High in beta carotene which converts to vitamin A in your body and is important for healthy skin, immune health and vision.