|20 min||30 min||4|
|1/2 cup||Almond milk, unsweetened|
|4 cup||Cauliflower (florets or 1 medium cauliflower)|
|1/2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (measured out)|
|227 gm||Pasta, Fettuccine, dry (boiled in water as per package instructions)|
|1 tbsp||Garlic (minced)|
|1/2 tsp||Garlic powder (to taste)|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1/4 cup||Nutritional yeast|
|1/2 tsp||Onion powder|
|2 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (chopped)|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper (to taste)|
|3/4 tsp||Sea salt (to taste)|
1. Add cauliflower florets in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a low boil. Once boiling, cook for another 3-7 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, add the oil into a skillet and saute the minced garlic over low heat for 4-5 minutes until softened and fragrant, but not browned.
3. In a high speed blender, add the cooked and drained cauliflower, sauteed garlic, almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until a super smooth sauce forms. Set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add your desired amount of pasta and boil for the time instructed on the package. Drain pasta.
5. Add cauliflower sauce into the pot (can use the same pot) and add the drained pasta. Heat over low-medium until heated enough to your liking.
6. Salt again to taste (the pasta dilutes the flavour).
7. Serve with fresh parsley and black pepper.
Feel free to add in your favourite sautéed or roasted vegetables. I think peas, spinach, or broccoli would work very nicely!
Use fresh parsley for garnish.
To make this pasta sauce extra decadent-tasting, add a tablespoon or two of vegan butter into the sauce.
use gluten-free pasta
use a nut-free non-dairy milk such as soy milk instead of almond milk. Be sure to use unsweetened and unflavoured milk.
is high in fiber, it is a cruciferous vegetable which are high in antioxidants and help to eliminate toxins from the body