|15 min||20 min||2|
|1/4 cup||Coconut milk (canned)|
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|1 1/2 cup pieces||Frozen cauliflower|
|1/2 cup||Frozen green peas|
|1/2 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, low sodium|
|1/4 cup||Quinoa, uncooked|
|2 1/2 cup||Spinach|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (tot aste)|
1. Produce Prep: Rinse produce. Rinse and drain the canned garbanzo beans. Mince the garlic.
2. In a large pan or wok on medium heat, warm the canned coconut milk, curry powder, and garlic for 3 minutes.
3. Add the water and quinoa and turn heat to medium-high. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until quinoa is almost done.
4. Add the frozen cauliflower, beans, frozen peas, and an additional 3 Tablespoons of water per person. Stir and continue cooking until the frozen cauliflower is completely warm and tender.
5. Turn off the heat and add the spinach, allowing it to gently cook by the heat of the dish.
6. Season gradually with salt and pepper, until it's just right!
This is usually a kid-pleaser, but sometimes kids just like a simple meal without the frills. If you're worried about how this will go over with your child, just heat the beans and frozen cauliflower in a separate pan and forget the coconut curry seasoning. For an even bigger winner, brown the frozen cauliflower (coated lightly in olive oil and salt if desired) under the broiler until golden brown. Crispy roasted cauliflower is always a winner! Serve the spinach fresh with warmed beans, both lightly oiled and salted if desired and cauliflower on the side.
Feel free to use fresh instead frozen cauliflower, and spinach can be switched out for kale or another hardy green.