|10 min||30 min||40 min||4|
|1 large head||Cauliflower (trimmed into florets)|
|5 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 pinch||Kosher salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|4 cup||Kale (stems removed, torn)|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
|2 medium stalk(s)||Celery (diced)|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|7 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|1/3 cup||Pine nuts, dried|
1. Preheat an oven to 450°F.
2. Toss the cauliflower with 2 Tbs. olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place on a baking sheet and roast until the cauliflower is tender and the edges are browned and crisp, about 20 minutes.
4. Reduce the oven to 300°. Toss a quarter of the kale bunch with 1 Tbs. of the olive oil and season with salt. Place on a baking sheet and roast until the kale is crispy, 10 – 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, add 2 Tbs. olive oil and cook the onion and celery, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cauliflower and broth, increase the heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining kale, increase the heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
7. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
8. Top with the crispy kale and pine nuts and serve immediately.
is a cruciferous vegetable, it is high in fiber and B vitamins!