|10 min||40 min||50 min||2|
|3 spray (about 1/3 second)||Olive oil cooking spray|
|1/2 medium head||Cauliflower (cut into florets)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 cup||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill|
|2 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|1 1/2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1/4 cup||Chickpea flour|
|2 tbsp||Cornmeal (yellow)|
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and process until completely broken down into the consistency of rice.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the cauliflower “rice,” onion, and garlic for several minutes or until softened. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower mixture, almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, chickpea flour, and corn meal. Using your hands, form the mixture into a dough ball and then flatten out on the baking sheet into a pizza shape. You can either form into a large pizza or medium ones. You can refrigerate half of the dough for up to 3 days if you want to make one at a time.
5. Bake the crust for 20 minutes or until it starts to become crisp on the outside. Remove from the oven and add toppings of choice. Bake again at 375F degrees for 15 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
High in vitamin C, K, fiber and antioxidants. Makes a great carb and grain replacement.