|20 min||25 min||45 min||4|
|2 tbsp||Basil, fresh (finely chopped)|
|1 package (227g)||Cremini (Italian) mushroom (finely chopped)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (divided)|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|12 shell(s)||Jumbo pasta shells, dry|
|1/2 cup, shredded||Mozzarella cheese, partially skimmed|
|1 cup||Ricotta cheese (skimmed milk) (smooth)|
|1/4 tsp||Sea salt (divided)|
|1 1/2 can (19oz)||Whole tomato, canned (drained)|
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Cook shells in a large pot of boiling water following package directions (omitting salt) until tender, 14 to 16 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in ricotta, basil and 1/8 tsp salt until combined.
4. Crush tomatoes finely, using hands or a wooden spoon, in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil and 1/8 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper. Spread half of tomato sauce over the bottom of an 8 x 8-in. baking dish. Fill each shell with a heaping tbsp. of ricotta mixture, then arrange in baking dish, open side up. Spoon remaining tomato sauce overtop. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
5. Bake in centre of oven until cheese melts and shells are warmed through, 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Serve immediately or freeze for later!