|10 min||30 min||8|
|6 cup||Brussels sprouts (trimmed, cut in half)|
|2 cup||Chestnuts, raw, peeled|
|1/4 cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt|
1. Use a paring knife to score each chestnut.
2. Arrange chestnuts in a single layer in a large skillet. Toast over a medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes, until shell begins to curl away from nut.
Remove from heat, partially cool, then peel and discard shells.
3. In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat and add brussels sprouts and garlic. Sauté sprouts 5 to 10 minutes, covered, stirring now and then, until lightly browned.
4. Add chestnuts to skillet and cook covered additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until sprouts are very brown.
5. Stir in salt, sauté an additional 2-3 minutes.
are rich in antioxidants and high in fiber, they may help to keep blood sugar levels stable