Chewy Almond Butter Granola Bars
1 cup pitted
1 cup whole
(or brown rice syrup)
1 1/4 cup
Rolled oats, dry
Semisweet chocolate chips, mini
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, pulse the dates and almonds until they are well-chopped. (You can also do this by hand, but it’s much easier to use the food processor.)
3. Remove the blade from the food processor and add the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and mix well.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and make sure they are evenly incorporated in the mix.
5. Press the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Add an additional layer of parchment paper to the top of the mixture and press it down well. Using a large can or jar works well.
6. Remove the top layer of parchment paper (but save it) and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7. Add the parchment paper back to the top and again press the mixture into the pan. This helps the bars stick together well.
8. Refrigerate and allow to cool before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat
Meal Garden, 326 1/2 Bloor Street West, Unit 4, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1W5, Canada