|10 min||20 min||6|
|2 cup||Panko bread crumbs (or bread crumbs)|
|1/4 cup||Wheat germ, crude|
|1 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1/2 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|2 medium egg||Egg|
|1/4 cup||Milk, fat-free (skimmed) (or use almond milk)|
|2 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (cut in 20 finger-like pieces)|
|2 medium||Zucchini (cut in 16 finger-like pieces)|
|4 tbsp||Plum sauce, ready-to-serve|
1. Preheat oven to 400º F (200º C). Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or tin foil. If using tin foil, grease with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl mix together bread crumbs, wheat germ, dried oregano, parmesan cheese, pepper and paprika.
3. In a second bowl whisk eggs and milk together.
4. Start with the zucchini to prevent any cross contamination from the raw chicken. One at a time, dip the zucchini finger into the egg mixture. Let the excess drip off and then coat with the bread crumb mixture.
5. Place on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat until all zucchini fingers are coated.
6. Do the same with the chicken fingers. Placing them on the second cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn over. Bake for another 10 minutes.
8. Serve immediately with plum sauce to dip.
is a great source of lean protein which aids in muscle growth and repair!
is a great source of potassium which helps to maintain water balance in the body!