|15 min||15 min||6|
|454 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (cut into 3/4-inch pieces)|
|1/4 cup||All-purpose white flour|
|1 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|1/4 cup||Soy sauce|
|1 tbsp minced||Ginger root|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (grated)|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil (optional)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (divided)|
|6 cup||Broccoli florets|
|1 small||Yellow onion (sliced)|
|1 1/2 container (8 oz)||Button mushrooms (sliced)|
|1 3/4 cup||Basmati rice, dry|
1. Trim chicken breast of any excess fat and pat dry with paper towels.
2. In a medium bowl, toss chicken breast with ¼ cup flour until evenly coated. Remove chicken to a plate (leave remaining flour in the bowl - it will be used for the sauce).
3.To make the sauce:
4. Heat a wok or large heavy-bottomed skillet on medium high heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Once oil is hot, add chicken pieces and spread out evenly. Let chicken sit for a minute before stirring, then stir fry 5 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
5. Add another 1 Tbsp of oil to the same pan. Once oil is hot, add small broccoli florets, onions and sliced mushrooms to the pan and stir-fry 4 minutes, or until mushrooms are softened and broccoli is crisp-tender.
6. Stir the sauce again then pour it on the hot vegetables. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
7. Toss in chicken and cook another 30 seconds or until heated through. Season to taste with salt if needed.
Serve and enjoy!