|10 min||15 min||2|
|2 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless|
|1 cup chopped||Yellow onion|
|1/2 cup chopped or diced||Tomatillo|
|1/2 cup||Green chili peppers, canned|
|2 tsp||Chili powder|
|1 tsp||Coriander, ground|
|1/2 tsp||Paprika, sweet|
|1/2 tsp||Granulated garlic|
1. Cook the chicken by placing the chicken in a medium sauce pan and add enough water to cover the chicken by 2 inches, making sure the breasts are separated, and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until opague and cooked through, 7 - 10 minutes. Once cooked, remove cool and shred.
2. Reserve 1 cup of water you cooked the chicken in for the chili verde.
3. While the chicken cooks, chop the onion.
4. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften, 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in the spices and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatillos, green chilies and reserved chicken water. Bring to a boil and lower heat, and simmer until the consistency becomes thick as a stew, 2 - 4 minutes.
6. Add the chicken, and warm through. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze lime juice on the stew to taste.