|30 min||10 min||6|
|1 tsp||Black pepper (1/2 tsp for sauce and 1/2 for marinade)|
|1 tsp||Sea salt (1/2 tsp for sauce and 1/2 tsp for marinade)|
|1/2 cup||Cucumber (diced, for sauce)|
|1 cup||Greek yogurt, plain, 2% M.F. (for sauce)|
|1 dash||Hot pepper (chili) flakes (crushed, for sauce)|
|4 tsp||Lemon juice (fresh, 1 tbsp for sauce and 3 tbsp for marinade)|
|2 tbsp||Mint, fresh (for sauce)|
|3 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced, for marinade)|
|5 tbsp||Olive oil (1 tbsp for sauce, 3 tbsp for marinade and 1 tbsp for chicken)|
|1 tbsp||Oregano, dried (dried, for marinade)|
|6 large pita||Pita bread, whole-wheat|
|1 cup chopped||Tomato|
|1 onion(s)||Sweet onion (sliced)|
1. In a medium bowl whisk the yogurt, mint, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the tomato and cucumber and stir to combine.
2. In a large bowl whisk the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to coat evenly. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes
3. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
4. Lightly brush the onion slices on both sides with oil. Remove the chicken from the bowl, letting the herbs cling to the chicken. Discard the marinade. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the chicken and onion slices over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is firm to the touch and the juices run clear, and the onion is tender, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill.
5. Warm the pitas on the grill over direct medium heat until lightly charred, about 2 minutes, turning once or twice. Cut the chicken into strips.
6. Layer some chicken, sauce, and onion inside the flat breads and serve warm or at room temperature.