|10 min||20 min||6|
|1 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, dry|
|1/2 medium head||Cauliflower (chopped)|
|1 dash||Cayenne pepper|
|454 gm||Chicken, ground, lean|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1 tbsp||Curry powder|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp||Ginger, ground|
|4 cup||Kale (stemmed, finely chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1 dash||Sea Salt|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce, tamari|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
1. In a medium pot, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Mince the garlic and set it aside.
3. Meanwhile, add the package of ground chicken to a large skillet and brown the meat over medium heat until it is cooked through and no longer pink inside (about 5 minutes). Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside. Drain the liquid and fat from the pan.
4. Melt the coconut oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the garlic and onions and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the cauliflower and continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. When the cauliflower is fork tender, add the kale, tamari and lemon juice.
7. Add the chicken and spices and stir the mixture until thoroughly combined. Reduce the heat to medium-low and place a lid on the skillet.
8. When the kale is wilted, about 3 minutes, turn the heat off and remove the skillet from the stove.
9. Fluff the rice with a fork and remove from heat.
10. To serve, plate the Curry Chicken on a bed of brown rice.
Serving: 1/2-1 cup rice and 1-2 cups Chicken Curry