|20 min||20 min||8|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (filling - can use olive oil too)|
|1/4 cup||White onion (filling - minced)|
|1 medium leek(s)||Leek (filling - white part only, thinly sliced)|
|1 medium||Summer squash (filling - halved lengthwise, thinly sliced - can use other types of squash)|
|8 medium spear(s)||Asparagus (filling - cut into 1 inch pieces)|
|2 cup||Chicken broth (stock) (filling - plus additional cup if needed)|
|1/4 cup||Coconut milk (filling)|
|1 tbsp||Arrowroot flour (filling)|
|1/2 tsp||Salt (filling)|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper (filling)|
|341 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless, grilled (filling - cubed)|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (filling - minced)|
|1 tsp, leaves||Tarragon, fresh (filling - minced)|
|1/2 cup||Coconut flour (topping batter)|
|1/2 tsp||Baking soda (topping batter)|
|1/2 tsp||Salt (topping batter)|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper (topping batter)|
|4 large egg||Egg (room temperature)|
|1/2 cup||Coconut oil (topping batter - melted)|
|1/4 cup||Coconut milk (topping batter)|
|2 tsp||Apple cider vinegar (topping batter)|
|1 sprig||Parsley, fresh (topping batter - for garnish)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep all of your vegetable ingredients according to instructions.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat on your stovetop. Add your olive oil to the skillet and allow it to warm up for 15 seconds.
3. Add the onion, leek, yellow squash and asparagus. Sauté until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Add 2 cups chicken stock and the coconut milk, and bring to a gentle boil.
5. In a small bowl, add arrowroot powder and 1 tablespoon of cold water. Whisk to combine. Add the arrowroot mixture gradually to the vegetable mixture, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. If your mixture becomes too thick, add a bit more stock, stirring constantly until you reach a desired consistency.
6. Season your vegetable mixture with salt and pepper, then stir in cooked chicken, parsley and tarragon. Stir until everything is incorporated and thoroughly combined. Pour pot pie filling into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and set aside.
7, In a large bowl, add coconut flour, baking soda, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
8. In a separate medium bowl, add eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of water, then whisk until frothy. Pour liquid ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until everything is combined.
9. Spoon the topping batter over the pot pie filling in eight equal portions. Place the pot pie, uncovered in the hot oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is bubbling and topping is deeply golden and a little crusty. Serve with a garnish of minced parsley. Serve immediately.
This recipe has a long list of ingredients, but it is a very easy meal to put together. It is full of healthy, nutritive ingredients and is a tasty, balanced meal. Feel free to make this dish your own by substituting other vegetables and herbs.
You can store in your fridge for a few days prior to cooking. Simply warm in your oven for 15- 20 minutes before serving.
Omit chicken for vegetarian recipe, substitute with firm tofu.