|30 min||25 min||10|
|454 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless|
|1 package||Taco seasoning mix, McCormick|
|1 tbsp||Vegetable oil (or grapeseed oil)|
|2 medium pepper(s)||Green bell pepper (chopped)|
|2 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (chopped)|
|1 medium||White onion (chopped)|
|10 medium tortilla(s)||Wheat flour tortilla|
|1 cup, shredded||Cheddar cheese|
|1 cup shredded||Monterey jack cheese|
|1 tbsp||Bacon bits (real)|
1. Preheat the broiler. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Toss the chicken with the taco seasoning, then spread onto the baking sheet. Place under the broiler and cook until the chicken pieces are no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onion, and chicken. Cook and stir until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
5. Layer half of each tortilla with the chicken and vegetable mixture, then sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and Monterey Jack.
6. Fold the tortillas in half and Place onto a baking sheet.
7. Bake quesadillas in the oven until the cheeses have melted, about 10 minutes.
is a great source of vitamin C!
is a great source of lean protein which aids in muscle growth and repair!
To make this recipe dairy free - use vegan shredded cheese!