|10 min||25 min||6|
|5 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|4 tbsp||Red wine vinegar|
|4 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp||Oregano, fresh|
|2 tsp||Kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|908 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (cut into 1-inch pieces)|
|4 clove(s)||Garlic (grated)|
|1 cucumber(s)||Cucumber (cut into 1/4-inch cubes, for sauce)|
|1 pinch||Salt (for sauce)|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (grated, for sauce)|
|1 cup||Greek yogurt, plain, 2% M.F. (for sauce)|
|1 tbsp||Dill, fresh (for sauce)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for salad)|
|6 small||Tomato (cut into wedges, for salad)|
|2 small||Red onion (thinly sliced, for salad)|
|1 cucumber(s)||Cucumber (seeded, sliced, for salad)|
|3/4 cup||Kalamata olives (for salad)|
|171 gm||Feta cheese (for salad)|
|1/4 cup||Parsley, fresh (chopped, for salad)|
|6 small pita||Pita bread, whole-wheat|
1. In medium bowl, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Place chicken cubes in a separate medium bowl. Mix in grated garlic and 7 tablespoons of dressing. Toss chicken to coat evenly, cover, and refrigerate to marinate for about 2 hours, tossing occasionally. Set remaining dressing aside for salad.
2. While chicken marinates, make the tzatziki sauce: Place cubed cucumbers in strainer set over bowl. Toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt and let sit to drain, about 30 minutes. Gently pat cucumbers dry with paper towel, place in small bowl, and mix with garlic, yogurt, and dill. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Skewer chicken pieces on 8 to 12 skewers. Discard used marinade. Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken skewers on grill (or cook in batches on grill pan) until well browned and internal temperature registers 155° on instant read thermometer, turning evenly to cook on all sides, about 5 minutes total. (Adjust temperature of grill if necessary). Remove chicken to a serving platter and let rest 3 minutes. Meanwhile, briefly grill pitas and keep warm.
4. Just before serving, prepare the salad: Whisk olive oil into reserved chicken marinade. Add tomatoes, onions, cucumber, olives, feta, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve skewers with salad, pita, and tzatziki sauce. Remove chicken from skewers to stuff into pitas with sauce and salad.
is a great source of lean protein which aids in muscle growth and repair!