Chicken Zucchini Meat Balls
Serve these chicken meatballs on a skewer for a party-starting appetizer, pile atop a plate of pasta, or stuff inside a hoagie roll for a hearty sub.
Chicken, ground, lean
2 cup grated
(leave peel on and squeeze grated zucchini in a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture)
2 green onion (stem)
Green onion, scallion, ramp
(sliced or 1/2 medium white onion)
- Leave zucchini skin on and shred zucchini, then add to a kitchen towel and squeeze out any excess water
- Toss minced chicken with zucchini, green onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cumin. The mixture will be quite wet.
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Use a small scoop or a heaped tablespoon to scoop meatballs into the pan.
- Cook 8-10 at a time for about 5-6 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and the centers are cooked through.
Looking for sides?
serve with additional spiralized zucchini lightly sautéed in olive oil for about 3 minutes
serve with asparagus baked in oven @ 425F drizzled with olive oil, for 12-15 minutes
you can also substitute minced chicken for minced turkey or beef
helps to improve digestion and boosts energy
is a great source of lean protein which can contribute to muscle growth
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat