|15 min||15 min||6|
|454 gm||Chicken, ground, lean|
|2 cup grated||Zucchini (leave peel on and squeeze grated zucchini in a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture)|
|2 green onion (stem)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (sliced or 1/2 medium white onion)|
|3 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander) (minced)|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|3/4 tsp||Cumin (optional)|
|3 tbsp||Coconut oil|
1. Leave zucchini skin on and shred zucchini, then add to a kitchen towel and squeeze out any excess water
2. Toss minced chicken with zucchini, green onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper and cumin. Mixture will be quite wet.
3. Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
4. Use a small scoop or a heaped tablespoon to scoop meatballs into the pan.
5. Cook 8-10 at a time for about 5-6 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and the centers are cooked through.
Looking for sides?
serve with additional spiralized zucchini lightly sautéed in olive oil for about 3 minutes
serve with asparagus baked in oven @ 425F drizzled with olive oil, for 12-15 minutes
you can also substitute minced chicken for minced turkey or beef
helps to improve digestion and boosts energy
is a great source of lean protein which can contribute to muscle growth