|2 min||1 min||3 min||2|
|1 cup||Steel cut oats, dry (Cooked)|
|1/2 tbsp||Cacao powder, raw (Raw)|
|1/4 cup pitted||Dates (Chopped)|
|1/2 cup slices||Strawberries (Fresh)|
|1/2 cup||Almond milk, unsweetened|
1. Cook 1/2 cup steel-cut oats according to package. *see notes
2. Once oats are cooked, place in a bowl.
3. Add in cocoa powder and dates and mix well.
4. Top with fresh strawberries.
5. Add almond milk and enjoy!
The easiest way to cook steel-cut oats is in a slow cooker. You can large batch cook them and then store them in your fridge for 3 days and warm up in a saucepan with almond milk when you are ready to cook them.
Use coconut milk or oat milk for nut-free version.
Steel Cut Oats
The soluble fiber found in steel cut oats dissolves in water, forming a gel-like substance that lowers your cholesterol levels and stabilizes blood glucose.