|15 min||15 min||5|
|454 gm||Ground turkey, extra lean|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (drained and rinsed)|
|1 package||Taco seasoning mix, McCormick|
|4 cup||Cherry Tomatoes (halved)|
|1 1/2 cucumber(s)||Cucumber (sliced)|
|1 small||Red onion (chopped)|
|3/4 jar (16 oz)||Jalapeno peppers, sliced, canned (drained and chopped)|
|2 avocado(s)||Avocado (chopped)|
|1 1/4 cup||Salsa, ready-to-serve|
|5 tbsp||Greek yogurt, plain, 1% M.F.|
|5 cup||Lettuce, romaine|
|1 whole lime(s)||Lime juice (fresh)|
1. Heat up a medium-sized skillet over medium heat on your stove. Once warmed, add your ground turkey to the skillet and cook until it is no longer pink.
2. Add black beans, taco seasoning packet, and the amount of water stated in seasoning packet directions. Cook until the water has reduced and the packet contents have absorbed into the meat. Turn your heat off and let the taco mixture cool.
3. Prep your salad ingredients by chopping the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, jalapeno and avocado and it all aside.
4. Take 5 mason jars and start prepping your salads by divining the salsa by 5 and adding it to the bottom of the jar. Next, layer the greek yogurt, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, jalapeños, avocado, taco meat, and then the lettuce last. Place lid on and close tight. No need to vacuum seal or anything like that.
5. When ready to eat, shake real good, then pour into a bowl, squeeze some lime juice over top and enjoy. You can serve with tortilla chips and shredded cheese if you like.
For a dairy-free version, you can use coconut yogurt, or go yogurt free.
You can also make this dish meat-free by replacing the ground turkey with tofu, seitan or tempeh.
Try mixing up the ingredients with: corn, red pepper, chopped mushrooms, zucchini or use spinach instead of romaine