1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Open the can of crescent rolls and separate them into 4 rectangles. Press the perforation on each one to seal then spread 1/2 tablespoon softened butter evenly over each, leaving about 1/4 inch at the top.
3. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over each rectangle. Sprinkle with pecans, if using.
4. Starting at a short end of each rectangle, roll the dough up jelly roll style. Pinch the seam. With a serrated knife, cut each of the dough rolls into 5 pieces. Place the pieces into an 8 or 9 inch pan, being careful not to crowd them together.
5. Bake 18-22 minutes, or til they’re a nice golden brown. Allow rolls to cool about 5 minutes.
6. In the meantime, whisk together the icing ingredients til they’re the consistency you like and drizzle it over the rolls.
They’re best served warm but are good any time!
*Regular crescent rolls can be used also.
**RECIPE AND PHOTOS BY RENEE’S GOURMETS**
All rights reserved