Cinnamon Almond Butter
Delicious sweet heart-healthy nut butter spread.
2 cup whole
- Preheat oven to 300F (149C) degrees.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Roast almonds for 10-12 minutes, stirring once halfway through, to ensure they don’t burn. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When cooled, place roasted almonds in the bowl of a food processor along with the cinnamon and sea salt. Pulse until creamy smooth. Depending on your food processor this may take a few minutes.
- Transfer to a glass jar with a tight lid and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- Cinnamon is high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, and helps to improve insulin sensitivity. Choose the Ceylon cinnamon variety.
- Almond butter is high in healthy fats and fiber, almonds are a wonderful heart-healthy and blood sugar-balancing snack.
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat