|15 min||3 h||6|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|908 gm||Beef roast, lean|
|1 1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|3/4 cup||Bone broth, Organic|
|2 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|1 whole orange(s)||Orange juice|
|1 leaf||Bay leaf|
|3 medium||Carrots (cut into chunks)|
|2 parsnip(s)||Parsnip (cut into chunks)|
|2 tbsp||Thyme, fresh|
1. Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil in a bottom heavy pot and brown the roast well on all sides. Turn off the heat, remove the roast from the pot and salt well.
3. Add bone broth, apple cider vinegar, orange juice and bay leaf to the pot. Add the roast back and surround it with the carrots and parsnips. Generously sprinkle fresh herbs all over roast and the vegetables.
4. Making sure you have a lid that fits properly, braise the roast for about 2-3 hours in the oven, checking periodically to make sure there is enough liquid. It is finished when the meat is easily pulled apart with a fork.
5. Serve the meat and vegetables with some of the braising liquid. Enjoy!