|30 min||1 h||1 h 30 min||2|
|1 medium||Apple (golden delicious, thinly sliced)|
|1 medium||Red Apple (red delicious, thinly sliced)|
|1/2 head(s)||Cabbage, savoy (thinly sliced)|
|1 small||Yellow onion (thinly sliced)|
|341 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (two 6 oz. pieces)|
|2 sprig||Rosemary, fresh (finely chopped)|
|1/2 cup||Apple juice|
|2 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|1 tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. If possible, use a mandolin slicer to prepare the onion, apples, and cabbage. Otherwise, slice very thinly.
3. In a medium-sized baking dish, layer 1/3 the cabbage, 1/2 the onion, and finally 1/2 the apples. Continue until all of the three ingredients have been used.
4. Lay chicken breasts on top, and place sprigs of fresh rosemary on top of the chicken.
5. Mix together apple juice, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over contents of the baking dish.
6. Cover with foil, and bake for approximately one hour, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F
Serve and enjoy!
is a great source of lean protein which aids in muscle growth and repair!