|10 min||5 h||6|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper (to taste)|
|2 medium||Carrots (diced)|
|2 large stalk(s)||Celery (sliced)|
|4 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium|
|1 can(28oz)||Crushed tomatoes canned (with liquid)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp||Italian herb seasoning, McCormick|
|1 cup||Kale (shredded)|
|1 cup||Pasta, macaroni, elbow, dry|
|1 can (19oz)||Navy beans, canned (drained)|
|6 tsp||Parmesan cheese, grated (for serving)|
|1/2 tsp||Salt (to taste)|
|1 large||Yellow onion (chopped)|
1. Combine carrots, celery, onion and garlic in slow cooker. Pour in broth and stir in tomatoes, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and Italian seasoning.
2. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
3. About thirty minutes before serving, stir in pasta, and beans.
4. Cover, increase heat to high and cook until pasta is tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper as necessary. Serve hot, sprinkled with Parmesan, if desired.
provide key vitamins and minerals for the health and maintenance of the body!