|10 min||1 h 5 min||6|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|454 gm||Ground turkey, lean|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (to taste)|
|1 package, sliced (8 oz)||White mushrooms (chopped)|
|1/4 cup sliced||Yellow onion|
|2 can(s) (15oz)||Tomato sauce, canned|
|1 can(s) (14oz)||Diced tomatoes, low sodium, canned|
|1/4 cup||Red wine|
|2 tsp||Italian herb seasoning, McCormick|
|1 tsp||Garlic powder|
1. Heat olive oil in large sauce pan.
2. Add ground turkey and brown at the bottom of the sauce pan, sprinkling a little sea salt as it cooks.
3. Stir in the mushrooms and onions and let them cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, red wine, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and more salt if needed. Bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally.
5. Let it simmer for about an hour. Enjoy right away or cool and freeze.
Never eat poultry that is raw, or not cooked through. Internal temperature should be 165F or 74C degrees.
You can double or triple the batch and freeze any leftovers for quick uses. Ensure to fully warm through when re-heating to an internal temperature of 165F or 74C degrees.
High in protein, vitamins and minerals as well as the amino acid tryptophan that's needed to make serotonin important for mood and energy support.