|20 min||2 h 30 min||4|
|1/2 cup||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|1/4 cup||Coconut flour (or Tigernut flour)|
|1/4 cup hulled||Hemp seeds, shelled|
|2 tbsp||Maca powder|
|1/2 cup||Coconut milk|
|1/4 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°F for a slow bake.
2. Combine the dry ingredients into your food processor and pulse a few times.
3. Add the wet ingredients: vanilla, melted coconut oil and coconut milk. Process until a dough forms, scraping down the sides when needed.
4. Spread the batter out across a silipat baking sheet. The longer the dough sits the firmer it gets.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 200°F.
6. Take cereal out of the oven and cut into bite size pieces. A pizza cutter works perfect.
7. If any of the pieces are still poofy and don’t automatically break with pressure, bake them again at five minute and keep on checking every five minutes after (you don’t want to burn them).
8. Turn off the oven and put the pan back in for 1-1.5 hours for maximum crispiness.
9. Let cool (takes about ten seconds of blowing right out of the oven) before eating
is a great source of "healthy" fats and antioxidants!