|1 h 10 min||0 min||3|
|1/4 cup||Blackberries (for topping)|
|1/4 cup||Chia seeds, ground (as needed)|
|1 can(s) (13.5 oz)||Coconut milk|
|1 piece, 1-inch||Ginger root|
|1 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice|
|1 whole lemon(s)||Lemon peel (zest)|
|1/8 cup||Maple syrup (to taste)|
|1 tsp||Turmeric, ground|
1. Blend the coconut milk, turmeric, and ginger in a blender. If coconut milk is not combining until smooth it could be too cold - gently heat in a saucepan until the coconut cream only just melts. It should only become hand hot.
2. Next blend in your lemon juice and zest and maple syrup.
3. In a 500ml mason jar (preferably with an airtight clip locking system) combine turmeric milk mixture with chia seeds and whisk until fully incorporated.
4. Place in the fridge and leave to stand for 30 mins to 1 hour until all of the moisture has been absorbed.
5. Serve hot or cold, straight, and with some berry toppings.
contain polyphenols which are a class of antioxidants known for their cancer-fighting properties!