|15 min||12 min||27 min||4|
|114 gm||Pancetta, lean (diced)|
|4 large||Zucchini (spiralized. Or two packs of pre-cut courgetti)|
|1/4 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|2 bunch||Basil, fresh (rinsed well)|
|1/2 cup||Frozen green peas (thawed)|
|1 tbsp||Pine nuts, dried|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil (as needed)|
|1/4 cup||Ricotta cheese (optional. Not allowed on phase 2 diet)|
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until crisp.
2. Add the zucchini noodles and sauté for 5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
3. In a blender combine the basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt, pepper and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
4. Stir in the pesto sauce into the pan. Remove from heat and stir in the thawed peas.
5. Divide between serving dishes and top with crumbled cheese and a sprig of fresh basil.
is a good source of fibre which helps to absorb excess water in the intestines to provide moisture to the digestive process!