|10 min||20 min||4|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 onion(s)||Sweet onion (large)|
|8 clove(s)||Garlic (minced, use more depending on how garlicky you want your soup)|
|4 cup||Broccoli, raw (chopped)|
|4 cup||Kale (destemmed, chopped)|
|6 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|1 can (15oz)||White beans, canned (drained and rinsed)|
|1/2 cup||Cashew nuts, raw (soaked in warm water for 4-12 hours)|
|1 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice|
|1/4 cup||Nutritional yeast|
|1 tsp||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and let sweat about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook another 3 minutes.
3. Add broccoli, cook 3 minutes or until it becomes a vibrant green colour.
4. Add kale and cook until wilted.
5. Pour in vegetable broth and cook on a low simmer for about 15 minutes, until broccoli is completely soft.
6. Drain cashews from soaking liquid.
7. Add beans and cashews to the pot.
8. Place everything into a high powered blender, or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
9. Pour everything back into the soup pot, add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to season to taste.
is a cruciferous vegetable that is high in vitamin C
is high in fiber and an excellent source of vitamin C, B6 and manganese