|5 min||25 min||30 min||2|
|2 large||Carrots (chopped)|
|1 1/4 cup||Coconut milk|
|1 1/2 tsp||Curry powder|
|1 tsp minced||Ginger root|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|1 3/4 cup||Vegetable stock/broth (organic)|
|1 large||Yellow onion (chopped)|
1. Simmer the carrots, onions, ginger and curry powder in vegetable stock for 20-25 minutes, until carrots are soft.
2. Allow to cool slightly, and then purée in blender, working in batches if needed.
3. Return to heat and stir in coconut milk until well combined.
4. Season with sea salt, to taste.
5. Serve hot, or, chill until cold and serve as a gourmet vegetarian and vegan appetizer soup.
6. This carrot soup will thicken as it cools, so if serving this vegan carrot soup cold, you may want to add a bit extra liquid.