|5 min||10 min||1|
|1/2 cup||Almond milk, unsweetened (vanilla flavoured)|
|1/2 cup||Almond milk, vanilla, unsweetened, Silk|
|1/2 cup||Rolled oats, dry|
|1 1/2 tbsp unpacked||Brown sugar|
|1 dash||Sea Salt|
|1 dash||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|2 tbsp||Pumpkin purée, canned|
|1/3 cup||Blueberries (or frozen)|
|2 tbsp||Slivered almonds|
1. Bring the almond milk and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add oats and salt and reduce heat to medium.
2. Stirring occasionally, cook for 2 minutes and then add pumpkin. Cook for 3-4 minutes more or until creamy, being careful to stir often.
3. In the meantime, toast almonds (or another nut) in a skillet over medium-high heat until dark brown on all sides.
4. When ready, remove oats from heat and add flaxseed, cinnamon, brown sugar and stir.
5. Microwave blueberries in your serving dish until thawed (if frozen) and warm - or just leave them out for a few minutes to naturally thaw.
6. Top with blueberries and almonds and enjoy.
contain soluble fiber which may help to slow down the absorption of glucose in the bloodstream which may prevent sugar spikes!