|10 min||7 h||4|
|2 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Green bell pepper (chopped)|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 can(s) (16 oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned (drained)|
|1 can(s) (16 oz)||Tomato sauce, canned|
|1 tbsp||Tomato paste, canned|
|1/4 tsp||Crushed red pepper|
|1 1/2 tsp||Italian herb seasoning, McCormick|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (crushed)|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt|
|3 tbsp||Red wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup, shredded||Mozzarella cheese, partially skimmed|
|369 gm||Pasta, penne, whole wheat, dry (choice of whole grain pasta)|
|2 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (chopped)|
1. Place chicken in slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and seasonings, except mozzarella, pasta and herbs.
2. Stir ingredients gently to combine flavours.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 2-3 hours. (Mine only took 2 hours on high)
4. Once cooked, remove chicken and slice into bite-sized pieces. Add back to slow cooker and stir in mozzarella. Cook pasta according to box instructions.
5. Serve heaping spoonfuls of meat sauce on top of cooked pasta.
6. If desired, sprinkle with fresh parsley or basil.