|10 min||4 h||4 h 10 min||6|
|1 leaf||Bay leaf|
|1 cup||Brown lentils, raw|
|2 medium||Carrots (chopped)|
|1 medium stalk(s)||Celery (chopped)|
|1 can(s) (28oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/4 tsp||Italian herb seasoning, McCormick|
|1/8 tsp||Nutmeg, ground|
|1/2 cup||Red wine|
|1/8 tsp||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|1 medium shallot(s)||Shallots (minced)|
|1/4 cup||Tomato paste, canned|
|2 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|341 gm||White mushrooms (chopped)|
1. Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Add shallot and sauté until translucent.
3. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
4. Stir in celery, carrots, mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms have cooked down and are slightly golden.
5. Add wine and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed.
6. Transfer mixture to a crock pot.
7. Add lentils, vegetable broth, tomato paste, canned diced tomatoes and seasonings. Cook on high for 4 hours or until lentils are soft.
8. Serve over pasta, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
are a great source of plant-based protein and they are high in fiber!