|10 min||5 h||8|
|12 medium spear(s)||Asparagus (stems removed, cut into thirds)|
|1 bag(s)||Baby spinach|
|2 can (15oz)||Cannellini beans, canned (drained, rinsed)|
|3 medium||Carrots (peeled, sliced)|
|1 3/4 can(s) (16 oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|1 cup||Frozen green peas|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|227 gm||Pasta, whole wheat, dry|
|1/3 cup||Romano cheese (grated, plus extra for topping)|
|1/2 tsp||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|1 onion(s)||Sweet onion (diced)|
|3 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, low sodium|
1. Add diced onions, garlic, carrots, the whole can of diced tomatoes, cannellini beans, stock and water to your crockpot.
2. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring once or twice if you can.
3. About 10-15 minutes before serving, add in asparagus. spinach, peas and pasta. Cook on low for another 10-15 minutes then stir in grated cheese.
4. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired- about a 1/2 teaspoon of each, but it will depend on the sodium levels in your stock, tomatoes, etc.
5. Serve immediately with additional cheese on top!
provide key vitamins and minerals important for the health and maintenance of the body!
For more healthy fats - top with fresh avocado slices!